Saturday, February 6, 2010

Icecrown Citadel Dialogue: Deathbringer Saurfang

In the Intro and Gunship battle dialogues we got some epicness from Tirion and Saurfang. Here we see what happens once you help Saurfang defeat the Alliance gunship and you land on the Upper Spire of Icecrown Citadel.


High Overlord Saurfang yells: Kor'kron, move out! Champions, watch your backs. The Scourge have been...
Deathbringer Saurfang yells: Join me, father. Join me and we will crush this world in the name of the Scourge -- for the glory of the Lich King!


High Overlord Saurfang says: My boy died at the Wrath Gate. I am here only to collect his body.
Deathbringer Saurfang yells: Stubborn and old. What chance do you have? I am stronger, more powerful that you ever were.
High Overlord Saurfang says: We named him Dranosh - It means "Heart of Draenor" in orcish. I would not let the warlocks take him. My boy would be safe, hidden away by the elders of Garadar.


High Overlord Saurfang says: I made a promise to his mother before she died; that I would cross the Dark Portal alone - whether I lived or died, my son would be safe. Untainted...
High Overlord Saurfang says: Today, I fuLfill that promise.
High Overlord Saurfang charges!
Deathbringer Saurfang yells: Pathetic old orc! Come then, heroes. Come and face the might of the Scourge!
Deathbringer Saurfang yells: BY THE MIGHT OF THE LICH KING!


Deathbringer Saurfang yells: I... Am... Released...
High Overlord Saurfang coughs.
High Overlord Saurfang weeps over the corpse of his son.
High Overlord Saurfang says: You will have a proper ceremony in Nagrand, next to the pyres of your mother and ancestors.

(Saurfang walks off with the corpse of his son after what he says in this last screen shot.)

********************
This scene makes me sad. Here you've got Saurfang, hero of all three wars and still doing great things for the Horde, and he's got to retrieve his son's Scourge animated body. It is really poignant. Or it was the first couple of times I heard it. Unfortunately every time you engage Saurfang the ENTIRE thing repeats. So the poignancy has worn off a bit. Though the end is still saddening, perhaps because I've seen it less.


******
Side Note: The raid funny keeps coming. :D

No comments: