Monday, September 1, 2008

Raiding with Telt

Last night we didn't really have enough people online, but Darkfall tried to do Magtheridon anyway. We had about 8 or 9 pugs and Mags was a semi-disaster. Ok it wasn't a complete disaster, we eventually killed him, but it took 4-ish wipes first. :(

Anyway Telt won a roll on the priest t4 robe, but I passed to a guild tank who can make much better use for it. :D Caffinator, our friend from Australia, had been wearing a blue chest. Now he's got his t4 chest so I have a warm fuzzy feeling. And even though Evallen didn't get her t5 chest she got the very nice offhand that Mag drops.

After that we tried to run SSC, but with Labor Day it just wasn't gonna happen. We were not going to pug that. >.< So Kuan and Telt got pulled into a fresh ZA.

The ZA was pretty good. We easily got the first couple of chests. We started at Eagle boss and oneshot both him and bear. Then we ran into a little trouble at Dragonhawk. We had about 3 people, including me and DraNgNon, who had never seen him die before, so between that and changing up our strategy a couple of times we had a few wipes.

I think we should have gone straight to Lynx, as the 3rd boss. We one shot him when we got there. :D Unfortunately after there people were getting a little sleepy. So we needed 2 tries for Hexlord. Sadly the caster dps trinket didn't drop for Kuan :( But Telt did get the healing trinket. :D

Then we tried Zul'jin. That didn't go too well. :( In fact most of the wipes were Telt's fault. I messed up on the mass dispel at least once and was not speedy enough on healing the claw rage target in phase 4 a couple of times.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's sad that the T4 set bonuses totally don't enthuse me. Evallen has 2 pieces, both banked, and if I get badged chest, the only thing I'll need are shoulders, maybe I'll wear those, I don't know what other options are out there.

I'm glad I got to go to last night's raid, even if I was freaking out about trying not to suck.

tanthalas said...

Protip for Mass Dispelling:

/stopcasting
/cast Mass Dispel

- bind that to Mouse 4
- win!

The purpose of the stopcast macro is twofold: so you can stopcast the MD, and also so you don't have to worry about double or triple clicking screwing with your targeting reticule.

Also, the boss timer for the stop spell is actually very accurate. You can pretty much time your cast perfectly every time if you start your MD when the timer hits ~0.5s.