Thursday, September 27, 2007

Patch Woes

Patch 2.2 came out two days ago. We were supposed to raid Kara that evening. Now the patch does have some nice stuff, but for us it mostly had UI, sound, and threat problems.

Our raid started at least half an hour last because Kuan, the MT and the MH couldn't move one of their group frames out of the center of the screen. Kuan finally figured it out and helped the others fix theirs too. Of course the MT had already deleted all his addons and repaired WoW in an effort to fix it. After we got that and other things sorted out we went in and tried the first few bosses.

Once we actually got started Attumen wasn't too bad. Despite the fact that Midnight fought our OT half in the ground and I died near the beginning of the mounted phase we still got him down. However it just wasn't happening for either Moroes or Maiden. People were having threat issues, we didn't have enough CC for the adds in Moroes, and the Maiden would randomly run over and kill our MH. So we called the run, which was punctuated by people having to relog pretty regularly to fix addons and ui issues.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

FWIW --

The threat meters seem to be mostly better now. I was in Kara last night with some friends, and the threat meters seemed to be reporting normal amounts of generated threat.

I never ran into the party frame thing, but, of course, I have my unit frames hide Blizzard frames.

What sound issues do you have? I haven't really noticed any yet.

Also, is the voice chat foo up on Hyjal? It's not up on AD yet.

tanthalas said...

Hmm, we had plenty of people with UI issues (unit frames and raid frame) but we didn't have any problems with the threat meter in last night's raid.

But I think we're all using Omen by now, so maybe it's something wrong with KTM.

draNgNon said...

I was using Omen for the first time, and I kept pulling aggro. Constantly.

The sound cuts out about half a second into casting, making some odd effects when dropping totems or casting shocks.

I also had weird issues with movement. ASDWQE simply didn't work, until 2 seconds later, and then they didn't stop. I'd run into walls. This was only in the first two pulls in the instance.

FWIW I was in BRD last night with Eeyan, and had sound and movement issues as well. Movement problems went away after the first couple fights. But I play the rogue on sound as much as sight and the sound issues really threw me off.

tanthalas said...

We've experienced some funky stuff with Omen in the past too, but mostly because everyone was using a mix of KTM/Omen. We haven't had problems with threat meters in quite some time now, and I'm guessing it's because most if not all of us have made the switch to Omen.