Monday, March 24, 2008

a minor respec for Eeyan.

So Eeyan has been making some progress. He got enough badges to get the Badged neck for rogues; that was pretty helpful. He's fun to play. But he's spec'd for outdoors, i.e., to deal with being the mob's target, as opposed to in a raid, where he should not be getting hit at all.

Saturday Eeyan got hauled all over the place in pugs. Heroic Hellfire Ramparts, normal Shadow Labyrinth, Heroic Botanica. Lots of badges, no real gear upgrades, although he picked up a couple [Brutal Tanzanite] from Bot that I guess I'll shove in a pair of badged boots once the 2.4 patch drops. But during all this his spec was bugging me. Not the outdoor part; our tank left in the middle of SL and Eeyan effectively tanked the trash from Blackheart to Vorpil as we looked for a replacement. But I knew something that was working for leveling should be changed now he's 70, and I'd let it go too long.

Tonight after Darkfall down'd VR (woot) I pulled Eeyan out for a couple or four dailies, and while he was flying from Skettis to Ogri'la I figured out part of Eeyan's problem. He had 3 points in increasing damage in Sinister Strike and Evis, which are not really where the damage comes from at 70 since those are expensive attacks. So I later hauled him to UC and paid the respec gold to move those three points into Improved Slice & Dice.

We'll see, next round of heroics, what that does for his DPS, which seems stuck in the low 400's per Recount. Then again I suppose that's not too bad for a toon that's only ever been in Kara three times.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know Eeyan is not really a specialized sword rogue, but, fwiw, most sword rogues I see live by Sinister Strike.