Monday, June 24, 2013

Sunday Evening Update

No raid last night. I think that when I put Heroic ToES on the raid calendar people get scared. It's happened twice now that I put H ToES on the calendar and then no one wants to raid. In the future I'll just put Sunday as a alt/undergeared main night. We are usually missing a couple of main raiders then anyway so it's often a bit of a bust anyway.

So DraNgNon and I spent the evening doing random WoW stuff. We got random achieves and pet battled, and tried for various mounts.

To start off with we went to Isle of Thunder. We were missing one single summoned boss for It was Worth Every Ritual Stone. The stupid Ancient Mogu Guardian, and my tank fails were blocking us. Fortunately I'd actually had a chance to look him up and see what sort of tiles people were talking about since the last time we'd tried him. FYI, the cloud tiles are vaguely blue colored, but describing them that way is not all that useful. Also the boss doesn't always trigger a tile just because he is standing on it...
After we killed the Ancient Mogu Guardian we rand around the island killing more of the summoned bosses. Then we killed Nalak and I got a disc priest recruit for Darkfall. I apparently missed his app on our guild page. So bad me. But regardless of my terrible delay we now have a new disc priest.

After Nalak, DraNgNon decided that she wanted to level her pets while waiting for the closing ceremonies of the Wanderer's Festival. She was bombing around Felwood, and almost got her hands on a Minfernal. I've never even seen one spawn, but she almost gets one twice the first time she goes there at all. Just as well for me not going to jail that she didn't actually catch one.

While DraNgNon was leveling pets I was chatting with our new priest and a couple of other people. My usual GM thing to do when I have 5 chats going on is to fish. So Morn took up her fishing pole and hat and wandered about the lakes and beaches of Vale of Eternal Blossoms and Krasarang. The Bank of Balou has lots more fish, and Nat Pagel likes me a couple of Flying Tiger Gourami worth more. Regrettably, despite all my fishing in pools, there was no Sea Turtle for me.

I was going to continue my fishing extravaganza in the Mixed Highland Schools of Outland in the (vain, yes I know) hopes of a magical crawdad. However, before I made it all the way there I was distracted by trying for a mount from Anzu, and getting the last bit of rep from the Consortium. Failing to get a Ravenlord mount, I went off to Magister's Terrace to see if there was a white chicken mount available. Also no. Stupid low drops. Rivendare in Stratholm also had no mount.

It was almost time for sleeping by then so I decided that a quick run through Tempest Keep would be a good way to finish the night. Especially since there are new pets available from the BC raids. Al'ar, Void Reaver, and Solarian all drop new battlepets. The only tricky bit with killing any of them was when I got cocky and didn't clear Solarian's trash before pulling her. I'd forgotten that her trash will MC, so the fight took roughly three times as long as it should have because I would get MC, she'd despawn, and then just as the MC wore off she'd respawn and repull. It was hilarious, though DraNgNon did give me some odd looks when Solarian kept spouting her on pull lines. Oh and Void Reaver was annoying, since he is immune to diseases and silenced me the whole time, I couldn't use all of my abilities on him. Still easy to kill though.

I finished up with a quick kill of Kael'thas. Well, I say quick, but I really mean it still took a long time because he's got timers built in. So it doesn't matter how fast you kill his weapons, you've still got to wait 2 minutes before he'll rez and sic all four of his advisors on you at once. Honestly I'm not sure how any other class deals with that phase of the fight. I pop Army of the Dead just in time for my army to kill the advisors while I spend the next 40 seconds alternating fears, silences, and stuns. If I didn't have army I'm really not sure how I'd ever exit that phase. Of course, no mount love from Kael'thas. However, I did get the pets from both Void Reaver and Al'ar.





1 comment:

Durandal said...

Pally bubble lasts long enough to burn down 2-3 of the advisors, then pvp trinket / will of the human.