Friday, January 11, 2008

Mech run of Doooooooom

So I decided this evening that I was going to get home early, take Eeyan farming for his Primal Fires, go to bed early, and then get to work on time.

I got home, not so early, but I did log Eeyan on and took him to Skald. Which was totally camped by people on Netherdrakes, blah! Clara signed on Teltanara and we worked on clearing some BEM quests. As we flew to turn in, our guildie Tobis was all "heroic mech anyone?"

Keen to see the Major Fire Prot recipe, I said I'd bring Kuan, and we soon got a group together. Well, not so soon, the priest had already run heroic mech, and so on. But right around midnight, there we were in in heroic mech, Kuan, Viljo, Ladrean, Addiction, and Tobis.

Keep in mind, that Kuan, with his blue Trinket and Totem, is undergeared, compared to Viljo, Ladrean, and Addiction. And there was poor Tobis, with his Adamantite Rapier and his 11.7K health AFTER FORT, telling us my gear has not yet been restored, my account got hacked and Blizzard is still getting back to me...

...and we wiped on the first pull. TWICE. Addiction was pretty displeased, as we had sucked him in last minute. But, we set out a strategy, and decided we'd not DPS til Tobis had built up sufficient threat, so we went slowly, but surely. On the destroyers, Viljo and I didn't risk UCD messing us up at all, and so when Counterspell was in CD, Kuan did not cast LBs at all, but beat on the destroyer with his mace, and shocked him to interrupt the Charged Fist.

We made it up to Panthaleon, and then we had to strategize. OK, he MCs the second closest person, and we have a lock and a priest so here's how to do the adds, la la la. We'll make the VW the second closest "person". We went for it, and... I got MC'd. I ran behind Viljo, who got MC'd. Wiped. D'oh! OK, so, the pet was a bad idea. Lad will be second closest, as lock dots will keep on ticking even when he's sheeped. We went for it, and... I got MC'd. I ran around beating on people. Then the priest! uhhhH! Wipe Wipe Wipe. And no, that wasn't Tobis' crappy tank gear. That's us pwning each other.

Finally, I was wait a second. My memory got tickled... I pulled up http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/test-realm-patchnotes.html in the browser.
Creatures with random player targeting crowd control abilities such as fear, charm, or sleep will now properly choose a random eligible target rather than just choosing the nearest eligible target.
BAH! That behaviour, documented in Wowwiki and everywhere as intentional, was a bug Blizzard fixed last Tuesday. BAH! Panthaleon MC's randomly! BAH! On that note, we decided 'screw it' and did what we should have done in the first place. Lad can easily pump out 700+ DPS all on his own, Kuan and Viljo are both capable of over 500, and we just mowed him down. Yay! He dropped the DPS pants Tobis wanted in the first place, too!

Then, it was time to take our try at the bitchy fire lady. In general people on Hyjal as far as I can tell only go after her once, she is so annoying. But flushed with our success, we just went after her and kited her around the room. After a while I got tired of the flame things and sent my Rock after them. She died, and lo and behold, Major Fire Prot! Tobis was nice and passed. I was not so nice, and Kuan now knows it! Yay! Yay!

Now I will have to keep running Mech, though, since Viljo still doesn't know it. Ah well. And I'm all conflicted... all those primal fires I've been storing up for Eeyan... Kuan needs them now too. I don't normally mix Kuan's and Eeyan's stuff, except for Primals/motes, Netherweave, Enchant Mats, Raw Gems, and Rep crap (i.e. Savage Fronds).

I gotta say as a last note. It's pretty clear Tobis is a good tank, and this was a good group. We could have peeled mobs off him all the time, and he tanked all the bosses without them going after any of us, when he still had crappy tank gear by any standards.

No comments: