Friday, February 22, 2008

Miscellaneous Raiding

We ran ZA on Monday and while we got the first boss down within the timer the second boss turned out to be a bit more of a challenge. Our first try we got up the gauntlet just fine. We had three tried on the boss before repops, and managed to get him to 3% on our last try. However, our second try didn't really count as half the raid got dc'd just as the tank pulled.

Anyway after repops we couldn't get the coordination together to make it up the gauntlet again. Some harsh words were said and we decided to reconvene the next evening at 10.

Kuan and Viljo were at the stone at 9:50 Tuesday night. But the main tank and healer didn't start forming the raid then. At 10pm I asked the MT if there was actually going to be a raid, his response was "maybe". So I bummed around doing a few daily quests and a bit of farming. At 10:30 Kuan and Viljo finally agreed to go with a bear-tank friend to do Heroic Shattered halls, since that was the daily. We said yes and in a few moments we had another dps and a healer.

The 5 of us headed to SH and just as we were summoning people at the stone, the pally lead asks me if I'm ready for an invite. It's now 10:35, the raid was supposed to start over half an hour ago. I hadn't gotten any indication that I should wait. Now I was about to start a full-guildie heroic.

Sadly I said no to the pally. If he had asked just a few minutes earlier, or even given me any indication that the run was actually going to happen I would have waited. As it was I put the bear-tank off for quite a while before I said yes and helped to organize the group. Hopefully the officers aren't annoyed too much, but if they are it's really too bad. :(

On the good side of all of this we got the Trial of the Naaru: Mercy quest done. And we even saved Captain Bonesahatter. This was despite 3+ seconds of lag during the gauntlet for most people and me disconnecting every 5 seconds. I am quite surprised that we actually got the timer done at all, let alone saved Boneshatter too. (On an unrelated note they swap the NPCs around if you're horde or alliance. Alliance get to save someone else.) So all we need to do is keep the crazy suicidal gnome in heroic Arc alive and then kill Mag.

No comments: