Friday, February 15, 2008

the other side

On Greymane, one of our guildies is actually new! And he hit 69 Wednesday. He sent out a mail, wheee, I am 69!

The email thread quickly disintegrated as one of the tanks cranked about dying 5 times in Arc helping someone else who wasn't ready to run the instance get a Kara key and he was no longer willing to do that and repair bills and blah blah blah.

This upset both Clara and I as it held echoes of the attitude which drove us both out of KTSNI earlier last year, and this blog off Livejournal. We pushed back on his attitude and there was some sniping.

Finally, I mailed,

o for pete's sake. how many times did you die? when I get home
tonight I will put the gold in the guild bank.

Turns out he'd died 5 times. So I put 30g in the guild bank to cover his repairs. I pulled it off Tris, so Tris now has like 19g to his name. Wow, I still won't take these toons to Outland without Epic Ground mounts. It feels like they will never get there.

Meanwhile, the guildie who hit 69 felt so bad for starting the thread. However most of the folks in the Alliance guild are good folk, and soothed him, and said no don't feel bad. We are actually excited for you. I told him hurry to 70 so he could fly! Flying rules!

No comments: