Friday, February 8, 2008

Plans and how they get happily upset

I logged in last night with grand plans. There would either be coin collecting for Kuan and Viljo, or questing for Eeyan and Telt, or heroic UB for Eeyan and Telt. I figured that while I looked for a group and DraNgNon dealt with her banker I'd take Telt to bomb in Skettis.

I was almost half way through bombing when I get a random whisper. "Wanna heal heroic Mech?" It was from an enhance shammy that Eeyan and Telt ran around with once when we were all little in Hellfire. This enhance shammy is in once of the top guilds so I figure the run shouldnt' be too painful. I ask if they have room for a rogue too. Because I know Eeyan's real goal is badges for the Blood Knight War Cloak. Enhance shammy says yes and off we go.

Then I am reminded that as much fun as playing Teltanara is it's really hard to make sure everyone stays alive in a heroic. Telt has just over 1400 +heals, but if the tank is taking a lot of damage, say from those stupid bomb throwers, I don't have time between spamming heals on the tank to drop more than a renew or two on the melee, and sadly that isn't enough to keep them up in that case. :( So, much to my chagrin, Eeyan died a bumch :(

But we persevered, and managed to down every boss on our first try. I was doing pretty well keeping everyone up on the fire lady until the eles decided to go after me... Then 3 of us (including me) died, but we still managed to kill her. The gauntlet part was also pretty challenging. The first set of 3 waves we plowed through, I was very close to OOM a couple of times but managed to keep everyone up. Sadly I was not so lucky the second set of 3 waves. The tank went down but the rest of us managed to run out.

Pathaleon was interesting. It's funny how fights feel entirely different as a healer than as a dpser. Telt got mc'd first but fortunately didn't do too much damage :) and the tank stayed up. Then the loot popped up and Telt won Boots of the Pious and Pattern: Arcanoweave Robe. And with the badges Eeyan did get his spiffy new Blood Knight War Cloak.

No comments: