Sunday, May 18, 2008

Progress in the Old School

Last night, after considering my list and the list Clara never posts, we decided to park Eeyan next to the back door to Stratholme, and walk Kuan and Viljo through it so a) they could get rep, b) Viljo could get enough Runecloth to hit Exalted Darkspear, and c) Eeeyan could get his shoulders, becuae of course the leather agility shoulders will be what drops if a mage and a shaman are obviously farming.

I noted Kuan hadn't done the Fras Siabi quest either, and he picked it up. I note that this was lame since it did not grant AD rep. I think I knew that at some point. Stupid dwarf.

Anyhow we screwed up the Fras Siabi quest with inadequate clearing. So, in the middle of it we went to Ogrimmar so Viljo could turn in the Runecloths we had and thus free up bag space.

This plan was a success. Kuan's AD rep went up 1500, Viljo ended up Exalted with Darkspear, and since we were clearly farming Strat with a mage and a shaman, Cannonmaster finally dropped the [Shadowcraft Spaulders] for Eeyan. Meh, that is still lucky; he might have dropped Lightforge.

But then we were too tired to try the undead side. Ah well. Just need the King of Pants to drop [Shadowcraft Pants] and Eeyan can finally turn in Anthion's Parting Words.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Someday soon, I will get Evallen big enough to help with these endeavors.

Of course, you might be done farming it by then...

Clara said...

Nah, we'll be farming Scholo and Strat for a long time. Even once we get Kuan and Viljo exalted with AD, we'll still have Eeyan and Telt to get up there too.

I don't know what they will do with AD rep in Wrath of the Lich King, but I would like to have it maxed for those characters before then. I have nice fantasies about how they won't create some new AD rep bar, and call it Argent Expedition. And how Viljo will have the key to Naxx and it will carry over so there will be no need for a long and annoying key process.

Unknown said...

Well, I am hoping to get Evallen to 55 or maybe even 56 this week, so she's actually big enough to pick up the quests for Strat and Scholo.

But, that means both finishing BRD, and starting on the Bulwark, I think. We'll see how much time I have.

tanthalas said...

AFAIK the 25 man Naxx will have no attunement, but the 10 man Naxx will require the 25-man version to be cleared before it can be accessible (server-wide).

I don't expect them to do anything with AD rep in the expansion though. That will alienate way too many of the newer players.