Thursday, January 1, 2009

more on Raid Frames

sRaidFrames did not do what I wanted so I ditched it. I tried xPerl and it does do what I want, and then some.

My test raid to try this out? New Year's Eve AQ40 run with roughly 28 lvl 80s. Since I've never seen the inside of AQ40 before, of course I forgot to take even a single screenshot. I spent a lot of the first part rearranging frames, so I'll leave it to Clara to make a post about our AQ40 run.

So far I like it. The player/target/party frames are very similar to Perl Classic, unsurprisingly.

If I get everything tweaked just right, and I see no reason why I would not, I will have less screenspace for raid frames, party frames, and can ditch both Perl Classic and oRA2, which has made me less than happy since 3.0 dropped.

Of course that means I need to set up Eeyan's raid frames all over again. I have Ikoli and Tylara set up based on Kuan's. I would probably set up Eeyan's and base the other toons on that. Tylara, I'm not sure how hers should be. Does a tank care about sorting raid frames by class? What if the tank is a pally?

No comments: