Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Riding Raptor

Khyrie my little troll druid, is not so little anymore. She is, in fact, big enough to buy a mount. This is not as big as it used to be, but it is still an important milestone. So off to Sen'Jin village she went.

Once there I had a hard time deciding which raptor to buy. Turquoise? Emerald? Violet? The Violet would match her hair, but the other two raptors were pretty spiffy looking too.

In the end I went with all three raptors. Unlike Vanillla when you had to wait until level 40 and shell out 100 gold for the privilege of 60% speed mounts now each raptor was only 1g before any reputation discounts.





I've put all three of them in my mount macro so I'll get a random mount whenever I mount up.



I'm really enjoying playing Khyrie. She's gone down the feral tree and it's a pretty good way to level. Between stealth and being about to pop back to caster form for self-heals when I need it's pretty OP. So far I've been sticking with cat. Perhaps soon I will be brave and take her into an instance as a cat or bear.

I do feel a little bad for the mobs I kill. Here they were quietly going about their business, when suddenly a huge fucking tiger appears from the shadows behind them and shreds them to ribbons.

Speaking as the tiger in question, it's tons of fun.

No comments: