Friday, February 4, 2011

RIP Gnoxen

There are some people that I know because of WoW and only through WoW. Gnoxen was one of them. I've known him since Vanilla WoW, when he answered my trade spamming and crafted herb bags for Kuanchichi and Viljo. I added him to my friend list then and kept in spotty touch with him after that. I remember being so pleased when he joined Darkfall in Burning Crusade.

We lost touch for a little bit in Wrath when DraNgNon and I left DF for a bit, and he left not long after due to schedule conflicts. But he was always on my friend's list. And when we did our Ulduar drake runs he was along for about half of it, I think.



I logged in last night to find that Gnoxen had passed away.

BRIAN PHILLIP BAKER
August 28, 1980 ~ January 31, 2011
"We lost our dear son, brother, uncle, grandson, and friend."


Brian Phillip Baker of Vancouver, WA, passed away on Jan. 31st.
He was most proud of his work as a mason. Brian loved fishing, was an avid music fan and movie buff, and could make anyone laugh with his wry observations about life and people. Ever the gentle soul, Brian was loved by anyone who met him and was honored to share his light. He adored his dogs, Chip and Eddie, who were his fiercest defenders, though each only weighed five pounds.
A graveside service will be held Sat., Feb. 5, 2011 at 1:00 p.m. at Park Hill Cemetery, 5915 E. Mill Plain Blvd., Vancouver, WA.
Donations may be made in Brian's name to Q Center at www.pdxqcenter.org.
Please share your condolences at www.columbian.com/obits.
Published in The Columbian on February 4, 2011


I'd never known his name, or age, or where he lived. I knew him as Gnoxen the Tauren druid. I had fun playing with him. I didn't know he was depressed.

I'm sorry Gnoxen, you'll be missed.

No comments: