Friday, January 11, 2013

Will and Zor'lok down!


Last night Darkfall had an excellent raid. We'd killed the first five bosses in Mogu'Shan Vaults on Tuesday, and even had a bit of time left over for attempts on Will of the Emperor. So last night my plan was to kill Will and then head over to Heart of Fear and kill Imperial Vizier Zor'Lok.


The Will of the Emperor kill went pretty well. We changed up when we hit lust because that fight is so long. Having it twice was pretty sweet. I also got my act together and was a lot better at dodging the Devastating Combos. I'm still in need of practice, but I'm now getting far more strikes to use than I am getting smashed. And that really helps, given just how hard hit the tanks are in that encounter.


Imperial Vizier Zor'lok was a pain to kill. We'd worked on him before Christmas and almost killed him then. So I wasn't actually all that worried about getting him dead. No, the pain was that he bugged (hah!) out. We had a wipe on the third platform, and he kept his two mind controlled people and just stood there. They tried to get out of the MC by logging in and out and I tried kicking them from the raid. Nothing worked until I reset the whole instance. So we had to clear that trash twice; fortunately it's not horrible trash merely annoying.


After my pain and learning with dodging Devastating Combos on Will it was amusing to see people having trouble with the Attenuation on Zor'lok. Both are pretty clearly telegraphed, but still tricky to dodge if you get behind a little bit or don't see the telegraph soon enough.




No comments: