Friday, May 3, 2013

Jeweled Onyx Panther

When Mists of Pandaria came out I took a cursory look over the different professions. I looked a bit more closely at the ones that I have, and my eye was caught by Jewelcrafting. At various levels of rep with the Order of the Cloud Serpent you could buy recipes for different panther mounts. Jade and Sunstone panthers were available at Honored. Ruby and Sapphire panthers could be bought at revered. And once you were exalted with them you could make a Jeweled Onyx Panther.

Each of these colored panther mounts is a bunch of expensive materials, and the Onyx is all 4 of them combined. It's a ridiculously expensive mount. The vendor mats alone are 72k for the Onyx mount.

My main way of making gold with characters is to buy ghost iron ore. Mornara prospects the ore and turns the green quality ones into jewelry that Telt DEs. My banker sells the blue quality gems and enchanting mats. Once I saw the panther mounts, I changed that up a bit to save stacks of the necessary gems for the crafted mounts. DraNgNon and I also pool our skills and my other banker buys and sells herbs for flasks and glyphs that Kuan and Ikoli make. We've been accumulating gold on that banker and every time we have enough to buy an Orb of Mystery I've been having Mornara make a panther mount. And then I immediately have her mail it back to the banker so I don't accidentally learn the mount...

Anyway we finally got four of the colored mounts made. I tried to insist that DraNgNon get the first mount. But she pointed out that I'd been the one so excited about this. So here is Morn riding on an absolutely fabulous Jeweled Onyx Panther.



It really looks awesome. And it'll adjust to whatever speed you can fly or ride.



No comments: