Thursday, November 10, 2011

Machinanima Idea

I've had the song "The Last One Alive" by VAST stuck in my head for a while now. Perhaps because I only have a few albums ripped into my work laptop and since I like it it keeps coming up in the mixes. It's actually a pretty good song, and one that I can fool myself into thinking I sound ok when I sing along with.

I think that this would make great theme music for a Death Knight video. Start out with a recently rolled DK and use shots from the starting area and then shots from ICC and specifically the Frozen Throne where you fight Arthas.

Vast - The Last One Alive

There’s a place not that far from here,
where people go when their dreams have died.
As I walk from its faceless streets
I must be the last one alive.


Start out with your DK in the later phased sections of the DK starting area, so that everything is dead and ruined and empty.

Where are you?
You're not with me.
Numb my mind with this fantasy,
watching people live and die on screen.
Where are you?
You’re not with me.
Where are you?
I'm free.


From there cut to the Battle of Light's Hope Chapel, specifically the sections where Arthas beats up Darion Mograine and then gets chased off.

You left me high and dry; it changed me.
You lied to me, now I am angry.
And if the sun comes in your room
and awakes you from your vanity
you won't find me cause I’ll be atop a mountain
Pissing on your grave


After that go back to the Dk starting area, but earlier, so there are some terrified Scarlet peasants running around. And have a Valkyr resurrecting the protagonist DK.

There’s a place from where I just arrived
and I escaped the last one alive


Where are you?
You’re not with me
where are you?
I’m free.


Have your DK walking out of either Zul'drak or Naxx with lots of dead scourge in the background.

You left me high and dry; it changed me.
You lied to me, now I am angry.
And if the sun comes in your room
and awakes you from your vanity
you won't find me cause I’ll be atop a mountain
Pissing on your grave


And end with a carefully cropped set of shots of the DK standing over a dead Arthas. (Carefully cropped so kill stealer Tirion isn't there.)


I don't think I have the tools or artistic ability to get this done right (or at all), but if someone wants to do it I'd be happy to volunteer Mornara's likeness for the protagonist DK. :)

No comments: