Thursday, November 15, 2007

wow 2.3

So, the patch dropped, and many good things came from it. Unfortunately, Kuanchichi didn't get any love from it. Frustrated with the nerf, I have parked him in Mudsprocket, the new goblin quest hub in Dustwallow Marsh.

As a result, his focus and to-do list has changed. For the moment, I need to explore his capabilities as he doesn't have a lot of gold for a lot of respecs. And respec he must, the patch has easily shaved roughly 100 eDPS off his current spec.

Meanwhile I was so focussed on the patch and what it was doing to Kuan, it didn't click that suddenly we have a very... expensive... guild bank. And here, Kuan owes Rahlenti 400 gold still, 30 days later. So, he just needs to farm and do dailies.

Lastly, that new quest hub in Dustwallow? The quests are easy, sort of fun, and 250 rep each with Gadgetzan. Time to work on getting Honored with Steemwheedle.

So, my plan for Kuan for the rest of this week, and really probably next:
• Clear the new quests in Dustwallow Marsh.
• Dailies - 10 a day - outdoor ones, not the heroic/instance ones. I need that 100g/day...
• Pay Rahlenti back asap!!!
• 250g to guild bank!!!
• 340+ on 2H Axes and Maces.
• Get an acceptable 2H Axe (he has a grey one now)
• Respec. Either deeper Elemental or Restoration. GL doesn't want Enhance and I'm inclined to agree, after all, I have Eeyan if I want to melee.

Really, though, as far as I'm concerned the patch sucks. Of course that's only after one evening of play; work sucks harder and I've not played since Tuesday night. Even though Kuan's DPS is down, I am not clear on how his DPM has changed. If Shaman mana efficiency has skyrocketed like some people report, I have points in regen I can repurpose to damage, and then it will be all good.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your guild is asking for 250g for the guild bank?

... What is it going for? Repairs?