Monday, April 12, 2010

Icecrown Citadel Dialogue: Valithria Dreamwalker

Valithria Dreamwalker is the first real boss of the dragon wing. She is a big green dragon who has been captured by the Lich King. She starts stunned and at half health.


The Lich King yells: Intruders have breached the inner sanctum. Hasten the destruction of the green dragon! Leave only bones and sinew for the reanimation!
Valithria Dreamwalker yells: Heroes, lend me your aid. I... I cannot hold them off much longer. You must heal my wounds!

When Valithria Dreamwalker is at 75% health she is feeling a bit better. Not well enough to actually help out, but better enough to tell you about it.


Valithria Dreamwalker yells: My strength is returning. Press on, heroes!

Once you heal Valithria up to full she breaks out of the stun and puts the smack down on everything. This has two affects. First it ends the encounter as she utterly destroys everything you were fighting, and makes them cry for their Scourged mommies. Second it entirely fubar's the dps meter for that fight and any pending ones, as she just did on the order of metric mega-shit-tons of damage in one instant aoe cast.


Valithria Dreamwalker yells: I AM RENEWED! Ysera grant me the favor to lay these foul creatures to rest!

This fight does bring the epic. Here you are defending a green dragon while you heal her up. It's a big old spotlight directly on your healers. This is good when you win, and annoying when you don't.

Also Valithria's voice reminds me of Jaina in Mt Hyjal. It's not the same voice actress, but it's got that same sort of over dramatized air to it. Which when combined with repeated calls for saving really gets on my nerves.

No comments: