Thursday, April 22, 2010

Sparkle Pony

The Sparkle Pony, aka Celestial Steed, has been added to the Blizzard Store. This means that for $25 you too can own this mount on all present and future characters. It'll even scale with your riding skill.

I am kind of disappointed. When I first saw the data-mined images of it I was thinking it would be some super extra rare drop from Hardmode 25man LK. Or perhaps that there was going to be some extra reward for getting Starcaller or the Astral Walker.



Additionally I'm disappointed because that mount is ridiculous looking. And not ridiculous look-at-my-awesome-gladiator-mount type of ridiculous. No, no, though there were plenty of people running around Dal and everywhere else on them. This is more the like-OMG-squee!-I-am-shiney type of ridiculous. I swear there was a sparkle infestation in Dal.



The only people I can really see riding the sparkle pony are pallies. And particularly male BE pallies. Everyone esle seems a) not flamingly gay, and b) not 5 years old. Ok, perhaps I could also see human male pallies riding them.



Just look at that! Who of my characters would ride one of those?

Viljo has his raptors and war bear. HE doesn't need no stinking sparkle pony! And he already gets teased about his robes. No way is he going to ride something so potentially emasculating.

Teltanara has the flying carpets that she painstakingly sewed herself. And she has the red hawkstrider that she earned at the tournament. Maybe if she were shadow specced, she would ride one, but only ever in shadow form.

And let me tell you Mornara isn't going to be riding the sparkle pony! Not only does she have her skeletal mounts, but she would also never be caught riding something so terribly frivolous. Hello? Terrifying former agent of the scourge? This does not involve sparkles.

No comments: