Wednesday, April 23, 2008

meet Tylara

I got home from work late last night, and Darkfall had already filled in my raid spot for SSC. Kuan is spec'd right now into 41 points elemental, which means he has the Totem of Wrath, and no Nature's Swiftness; sort of useless outside of a raid, I found to my dismay in WSG. So Kuan gets to stay parked on raiding days, and arena/BG/instances get to wait for respec. Right now, he is parked next to shaman trainer in Ogrimmar...

Now meanwhile, I just don't like playing warriors, and bear druid is dismaying. So I have overcome my philosophical objections to paladin and rolled one, just to see if I could stand playing one of them as a tank. Here she is, a little girl BE with big hair. She got like 3 levels last night as I dumped my annoyance energy at not being in SSC into playing her.

I am playing with a spec for her right now, but am not too sure of it yet.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have a prot pally, he's level 43.

You will, definitely, definitely, want Anticipation (increased def skill). It helps you (take less damage at your level, and if you actually got her to 70, over the magic 490 def cap).

I'm undecided about Reckoning. Most of your aggro will be generated by holy damage and the multiplier from Righteous Fury, so weapon attacks are good (since there's the seal/judge that gives you holy damage on attack), but I'm still undecided about it. FWIW, I have the points spent in Toughness instead, for yet more mitigation.

I suspect you would also want Stoicism (I don't have it yet, working on it), to keep your judgements up, and because, well, tank getting stunned is bad news.

tanthalas said...

If you're not planning to instance your way through 40, you may want to consider speccing Ret until then.