Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Screwed

Well Darkfall went to Hyjal Summit again last night sans Kuanchichi. It turned out that 10 minutes before the raid we find out that we are expected to bring resist gear, both Frost and Shadow. Kuan had it all in his bank, but the Frost gear he'd never worn, so had never gotten it enchanted.

Inspection showed that two pieces of it were lower 60's greens. That's no good and I will see about putting them in the AH later. Meanwhile there was a lvl 68 chest and 70 boots. I grabbed those, and Teltanara put +Stats on the chest. The boots though, that was a problem. What's good for the boots? +Stam on resist gear is stupid.

Nonetheless Clara convinced me to get the Fortitude enchant, after all a guild priest with the enchant was standing right there. Teltanara hands me a stack of Arcane Dust and logs out. I poke the priest, send her whispers, ask if she can enchant my boots. She ignores me, then runs off.

5 minutes til raid now.

One of the officers insists I take 4 [Mark of the Illidari] - what, we're going to be in there that long?! - yes, we are a warlock insists - and my bags approach fullness. I make sure I am repaired and have Ankhs, and then follow the priest around more. The priest gets back to me and asks if Kuan is elixir spec'd. Uh, yah... oh can I make her Mageblood + Healing. Yah sure, but can I get my boots enchanted. She says make the elixirs once we get to the instance and runs off, leaving me standing there, with full bags, but not full of raiding supplies, but enchant mats, vials, herbs, a full bank...

...5 minutes AFTER the raid is supposed to start...

...and the lock, bitching me out in tells about lazy people imposing on the kindness of others by not being ready at raid time, la la la. 5 minutes pass, I am stuck, finally I say Fine, and drop group to be replaced with someone more ready.

I put 3 of the 4 Marks back in the guild bank. I'd already grabbed a flask with the 4th.

The priest laughs, says you are not here, and informs me she got the lock who was bitching me out to make her the elixirs. WTF! Is that why he hounded me out of the raid? Who knows. I lost my temper, called him a jackass, and logged out of Warcraft after replacing the mats I'd used up for the Healing elixirs, in order to make up the missed work.

Missed work?! Yes... that is what I get for leaving work early to try to make a raid; I was called on it by my coworkers, I should have clued in that was a warning shot from Fate that my Wow experience that evening was going to be bad. At least I made up some of the missed work. Not enough, unfortunately; I un-signed-up for SSC tonight. Meanwhile, the boots still have never been worn. Tonight, when I do get home, I will see about getting Vitality on them, that is better than Stamina anyhow.

Viljo, on the other hand, got [Cuffs of Devastation] off Rage so the evening wasn't a total loss. But I'm left wondering, still, why Viljo wasn't required to bring resist gear, and I was.

2 comments:

tanthalas said...

SR gear makes sense if you're going to heal any of the fights, but FrR seems really stupid. Nobody does Hyjal with any kind of FrR at all. In fact, I can't think of a single TBC encounter besides Hydross where FrR would be remotely useful.

P.S. Boar's Speed.

draNgNon said...

Boar's speed for main boots. they still only have Minor Speed.

For FrR boots, Boar's speed is sorta stupid.