Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Zul'Gurub

Last Wednesday night was not a raid night, so random people were kicking around doing random stuff in WoW. Kuanchichi and Viljo were taking Evallen through Sunken Temple, for random quests and hopefully an upgrade or two. Other people were interested in trying Zul'Gurub. So after we got done with ST we joined them in ZG. Oddly enough that is a rather logical story line to follow, even if Evallen was only 57 at the time. :D

Anyway we killed all the animal bosses, Mandokir, Ghaz'ranka (no turtle spell, that bastard!) and Hakkar. Evallen got lots of phat loots, including the Heart of Hakkar. Amusingly enough Evallen, at level 57, was too little to take the quest from Hakkar's heart, and so had to wait until she leveled to get the Zandalarian Hero Charm.

The only boss we had any trouble with was Jin'do the hexxer. And that was because we didn't realize that there is some complicated stuff with the ghosts as well as the mind control totems... :( There were only 10 of us, and when the geared out fury warrior starts taking pieces out of the healers, it's just no good.

There were also a number of bijous and coins that dropped. I held on to a bunch for Viljo and to send some to Telt. I want her to be able to make the brilliant oils. Here she is turning in a bijou at the Zandalarian Altar:



I submitted it to the screenshot of the day contest, but it is entirely unlikely that it will get picked. They seem to only go for really lame pictures of groups of druids or people on mounts.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I wanted to keep some bijous/coins, but it's just for level 60 engineering recipes, not something useful like oils. Maybe I will get some later, after you guys have all yours. :)

Clara said...

You should have kept some!! I grabbed all the ones that were on mobs for me to loot.

Ah well. I would like to go in there again. I'm not quite so OCD about rep as some people, but I would like Zandalar maxxed for Viljo. He is a troll after all. :D

Unknown said...

Ratrider really wanted them, and had a stronger need than I did. The gear's good (it has spell hit!), but she had a more immediate need.

It's just funny, Zandalar is the only pre-TBC rep that has engineering recipes for rep. Zalona used to be annoyed that they were engineering recipes that he'd never use (since they are all for cloth spell hit/spell damage armor).

draNgNon said...

Ratrider got her recipe, too. She's pretty pleased.

Sounds like you need that rep. What level rep do you need? I want Kuan maxxed out too. After all, he is a troll. :-)

Unknown said...

I thought there was more, but according to http://www.wowwiki.com/Zandalar_Tribe, honored would get me everything I need.