Tuesday, July 15, 2008

New Spec

So Darkfall went into TK last night to kill Al'ar. Viljo went with them for the first couple of attempts and then had to drop out because the puppy wouldn't settle and was gonna destroy the house. But I did respec him first.

Previously I always had Viljo as a fire mage. But I respecced him to 40/0/21. I'm not sure if I should have taken more points in Magic Absorption instead of Improved Counterspell, but I've got my new spec now.

It was very strange to be using Arcane Blast and Frostbolt. I think my UI still needs work. I did manage to toss together a quick macro to fire off my trinket, Icy Veins, and Arcane Power all at the same time. But the location of AB and Frostbolt need to change, as well as moving a few more frost spells onto my action bar and fire spells off of it.

All that said I think my dps went up a lot :( I was pretty easily doing about 1200-ish dps last night. And considering that I was still trying to figure out what rotation to use and was attempting to keep the puppy from eating the house at the same time, that is still about 200-300 dps more than my fire spec was doing. :( I am forgetting, but I *think* Viljo was hovering around 900-1000 dps. Ah well I guess this means I get to figure out how to farm as arcane/frost as well as raid.

No comments: