Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Spec for Al'ar

Darkfall is trying Al'ar right now. I'm on puppy duty so I'm not there, and I'm a little bit grateful for that. I have no real idea what spec I would have for Viljo. Clearly my beloved fire isn't going to work against the Phoenix God.

So I'm considering an arcane build with a bit of frost thrown in. A couple of the other mages I respect in Darkfall have things similar to41/0/20 and 40/0/21 as their specs. The one I talked to last night basically said a rotation using Arcane Blast and Frost Bolt was what he used.

As far as those specs go I've altered both of them from what the other mages use. I'm leaning towards the 40/0/21 build, just because I do enjoy having iceblock more than once every 5 mins. I don't know how useful iceblock is for Al'ar, but I suspect it's more useful than Slow.

Anyway thoughts from those of you who play mages that aren't fire? Or anyone at all? And yes I've considered going fully frost but I'm just not a fan of pet management. is the water elemental that easy to control? I'm guessing not, what with it's own frost nova and all.

No comments: