Sunday, July 6, 2008

bits and pieces

So this last week has indeed been a week of alts.

Tylara and Mornara are almost 40. Thanks to our guildie Smoovesta they have cleared all the Scarlet Monastery quests. Leveling is so fast, and paladins and warlocks are so overpowered, that we are just sort of randomly picking quest lines to follow.

I have also been playing Ikoli some. On the 4th of July Viljo walked her through Sunken Temple in a run made painful by fireworks-inspired puppy demands. Long long ago, I had some notion of having her Disc/Shadow. That just doesn't work with the current priest trees. Since I ultimately wanted her to heal, I just now respec'd her sort of into holy/damage (note that is actually a lvl 60 spec; at 60 I might want to change it up some). Her heals are boosted a little, and even though she's not spec'd optimally for end game healing, she's only 54 and has to be able to kill something in game, so she shouldn't be, unless I want to make Viljo drag her around for 16 levels. At least this way I can start getting a feel for where I want all the buttons.

We tried to run Eeyan and Viljo through Kara on the 4th too. That didn't work so well and I dropped out to play with the puppy.

3 comments:

tanthalas said...

Unless you plan to PvP, Imp Mana Burn and UW aren't really worth picking up (Wand Spec is on the other hand useful all the way through 70 for soloing). The same goes for Silent Resolve with respect to pugs - not worth having a single point in it if you don't plan on healing pugs at all. And even if you do plan on healing pugs, you probably only want 4 points in it to get you down to the next tree.

Sticking to the original spirit of your build, I would tweak it to this instead:
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/priest/talents.html?tal=5052000030520120000000235051002020150000000000000000000000000000#none

But the differences are relatively minor. :)

One last note: if you plan to heal more than you plan to pewpew, dropping 3 points from Holy Spec to get 3/3 Imp Healing could be pretty huge.

tanthalas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tanthalas said...

I really should learn that Blogger doesn't automatically parse URLs to make them clickable.

That, and I pasted the wrong link anyway. (twice, in fact!)

link