Wednesday, August 13, 2008

catching up on draNgNon's toons

I've not updated in here much lately! That's becuase it seems that every time I have time, I'd rather actually play the game.

Tylara is 45 and is starting to acquire some plate. I've still not tried tanking a pug; she's only been asked twice, for ZF and RFD, right as I was within 5 minutes of logging. I'm not sure I'd be any good tanking RFD, I'm not nearly as familiar with the instance as I am... well, with any other instance besides Marau. Perhaps I should just walk in there with Eeyan and learn it. Or perhaps, I should get the runups to ST and BFD done and stick with running those.

Eeyan is now capable of equipping a full set of Epics. He has had his T4 hat for a while, but was lacking the meta gem. Last night I found out Elut could cut it and so tonight Eeyan will have his T4 hat. He also has the 100-badge [Tunic of the Dark Hour] and is starting to embark on collecting badges for the 100-badge pants. Eeyan right now needs Gruul and Nightbane for the Champion title; I need to nudge Darkfall's officers a bit more for a Mags/Gruul title raid. He is also one Karazhan run away from exalted with Violet Eye.

Kuanchichi has regemmed/reenchanted his gear after I concluded that deriving spell hit from gems was stupid. I put the +spellhit enchant on his gloves, +spellpower on his bracers, and replaced the spell hit gems with epic gems that have spell crit. Last night in Mt Hyjal I got to see the fruits of that effort as his DPS broke 1000 a few times. Also I have decided that - silly name aside - he needs one of those 1200 gold, 22-slot bags from Haris Pilton. He's a bit short of the gold, but sometime this week I'll farm up the rest and get him one of those bags. Kuan has 57 badges right now, and unless I'm given a very good reason not to he will spend 60 on a pair of [Polished Waterscale Gloves]. Yes, off-spec, but then his healy set won't suck so hard. Lastly, becuase I might as well, I'm trying to pick factions for dailies that Kuan isn't yet exalted with. He hit exalted with Ogri'la last weekend. I think Netherwing is next.

Speaking of Netherwing, Eeyan and Teltanara are still neutral. Probably we should get them up there, since Viljo is already exalted so I'm sure Clara would rather bring Telt along with Kuan.

Finally, there's PvP. I've started Kuan in the battlegrounds again... I want to try Tylara in there. Maybe Kuan or Tylara can get the little dragon. Teltanara went along with him becuase Clara wants the little dragon. As a side effect she got her PvP trinket to make the Rage fight in Mt Hyjal easier.

Of course that meant Viljo went to Mt Hyjal last night. Raiding-wise, Darkfall has started on Black Temple and is working on Naj'entus. But Kuan has yet to go, becuase of schedule madness. Hopefully next week.

Sometime soon I hope to poke back through here and find my progress list, and update it for "what I hope to get done before the expansion drops."

No comments: