Thursday, August 28, 2008

the night of New Content

Today, we were supposed to try try Azgalor. This apparently scared people.

Instead Kuan and Viljo got pulled into the tail half of an all-guild Zul'Aman. Now, in the last few months Kuan's been there once, just to down Hex Lord, and I wanted another shot at the [Hex Shrunken Head].

It dropped, and they gave it to the spriest. Drat! But more importantly, we decided to go after Zul'jin. He was waiting for us.



We'd not tried the fight before, and only one person in the raid had even seen it past phase 4. The raid leader was surprised there was a phase 5 even. Anyhow, we tried him once, and got paralyzed. Then we tried again, and got claw'd. But third time's the charm. Viljo dropped dead, but everyone else survived til the dragonhawk phase. So we got him down! Even though I was thinking it was going to be a 1% wipe again.


(I note, that dead Tauren in front of Kuan is Tobis.)

Viljo got a nice haste neck item from him, [Loop of Cursed Bones].

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Who could it be, but Tobis?

I mean, that's his job.

Unknown said...

also, congrats, v, on the neck!

Clara said...

It is Tobis's job to die. Apparently this time he auto-attacked on accident.
I feel sad that I died on the successful attempt, but there is really not a whole lot that can be done with 3 or 4 of those whirlwinds decide to come after you. I got bounced diagonally across the room and was dead before I could do dippy squat :(

tanthalas said...

I see sacrificing a Troll Mage works very well for downing ZJ!

Grats on the kill, and on the hot neck. ;)