Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Black Morass Redux, and Ring of Blood!

Well, mentioning Eli in a comment in the last post invoked something, because I wasn't online more than half an hour, fishing in Nagrand, when he ping'd me, come heal for us in Black Morass. I was doubtful I could pull it off, Kuan is not spec'd deep in the resto tree, but he thought I would be fine.

I agreed, but told them they had to wait 3 mins becuase I was fishing. So they waited, albeit impatiently...

375 fishing!

Black Morass was a pain, it always is, but with Rahlenti tanking I did manage to solo heal it up until the last boss. There was one close call in there where Rahlenti was below 1K hp but Nature's Swiftness to the rescue there. However the pain here was more from an impatient mage in our party who I didn't know, who thought he had better insight into how to manage the run, and the Chrono-beacons, than the rest of us. He soaked up a lot of mana from heals which was still ok, but then he had to go and pull the last boss. We couldn't recover from that and Medivh went down.

So, even though the run was not successful and Eli still has no key, I found myself bemused becuase Kuan can heal BM! SOLO heal. hmmm I thought. I have been talking about that healy enchant on daggar for weeks. I really ought to get it. I put that in the back of my mind, and while still in a group with Rahlenti I mentioned the Ring of Blood idea. He liked it, and we picked up a couple others who needed, and tore through the whole sequence. In the end Kuan got 132g or so, and quite a few pots. And then, we did it again, as some alliance shows up and begged for help, so we did. Flush with the notion of increasing our gold, we took Viljo and Kuan into Ogri'la to do a couple dailies.

Then it was midnight and one of my oldest Wow-friends, Siertial, logged in, and I remembered he enchants! He was just kickin' it tonight so he was more than happy to take all those motes of water Kuan had fished up and all the other mats I'd been banking to put the +81 healing power on Kuan's healy daggar, the Ceremonial Kris from downing Varedis.

So now, my little ele/resto hybrid shaman is +980 heals, unbuffed. But don't take my word for it.

kuan_plus_980

Note both images in this post click through to a full screenshot with the UI on, for the curious. But don't laugh too hard as Kuan's healy outfit is a fashion violation even by Wow Outland standards.

Anyhow I think Kuan can now probably heal anything up to (normal mode) Shattered Halls, although it would take some patience on the part of party members in some parts. That's pretty neat and cool for a DPS/caster shaman.

Maybe I'll end up helping Eli tomorrow, if he still hasn't got his key.

2 comments:

Clara said...

OMG!!! That other mage gives a bad name to mages everywhere. >.< He was so bossy, and so obnoxious. And I seriously had to bite my tongue so that I wouldn't chew him out for pulling the last boss. We were doing great up until that point, I was so impressed with your healing.

tanthalas said...

Cool UI! You have a lot of buttons! But you also have a lot of gold. :X