Thursday, August 2, 2007

the geekier side of life.

I've often wanted a Lightning Bolt macro for PvP, but have been far too lazy to figure out the best way to do it. finally, after Monday PvP and Tuesday "take care of the adds with chain so the boss gets some damage," I bothered to make one:

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=6 Chain Lightning, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt


I will probably put it in Kuan's UI in place of the Chain Lightning button.

I have wanted a totem timer for ages, and the addons all suck. I finally downloaded GotWood from the Ace2 site. it has the lamest large background image... of a piece of wood that for all the world looks like laminated pressboard furniture you'd buy from Target. so, I took that out. it also spawns a nasty modal dialog when dropping a Stoneclaw totem. so last night I ran Wow for a while in windowed mode, with a couple vi sessions open, and fixed that too.

these things are pleasing. wiping for 16g of repairs in Heroic Mech, however, was less so. the good thing: we downed the end boss with a team that had NO fears. the bad thing: I failed to loot the badge off the first miniboss, or notice until the corpse depawned.

but I bet the repairs would have been slightly less costly if I'd fixed my addon first. anyhow, there it is.

1 comment:

tanthalas said...

Hm, does Quartz not show totem timers? I could probably ask the shammies in my guild what timers they use.

On a related note, you guys totally need to post a UI-related entry. I'm curious about what mods and addons you guys use, in addition to any commonly used macros.