Saturday, August 25, 2007

BRD

Khyrie and Vhaas have 5 quests in Blackrock Depths. They are all in the harder part of the instance. We decided to try to get a group for them this evening. It ended up being the two of us (both 60), a 56 mage, a 52 feral cat druid, and a 52 arms warrior. This wasn't the ideal group, but with some discipline and teamwork it should be fine.

The warrior is a newb, not in the idiot sense (mostly), just in the new to the game sense. Vhaas almost lost it a couple of times when the warrior stood behind the ice trap to pull. So much for a trap on those pulls. :( The warrior is also not very good at noticing that Khyrie is getting hit. This results in the warriors death a couple of times as I can't get the heal off in time while being interrupted.

The mage is aggro happy. My main is a mage, I know how to play mage. You don't start firing off frostbolts before the warrior has done more than throw a knife. You also don't send your water elemental at the trap to "see if my ele could tank the mob". The ele lasted roughly 2 seconds, thus leaving a pissed of mob with no crowd control.

The other druid is group leader because the warrior didn't want to mark. This person was quite pompous. I felt like I was in MC or BWL again with all the raid warnings popping into the middle of the screen. When we finally made it to the Bar he was trying to explain everything to everyone and was actually getting bits wrong. So I asked who hadn't been to the bar. Turns out that everyone except the warrior is an alt! OMG WTF BBQ!! Who would have thought that this other druid wasn't the only one playing an alt. So after that he was much less wordy, and much less enthused about "running us through" BRD.

Anyway we made it to the bar. And 3 of us die trying to kill Ribbly. The people left don't get loot sparkles, and by the time the rest of us get there his corpse has despawned. So all that work and no quests done.

I would call this a comedy of errors but I just wasn't amused.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the other druid would just randomly mark stuff "so that we would know where it was". Only sometimes his marks didn't mean that but were kill order. So it was completely frustrating to try to guess what the marks meant.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh. My. Gosh. I am soooo sorry.

If you want, we can get Wend to try to solo Ribbly + friends for you.

Clara said...

Actually I was thinking that I would do my best to persuade Wendelina, Thalinda, and perhaps Zalona to come with us. We need to take out Angerforge, Argelmach, the Bar dudes (Ribbly and Hurley), and the Emperor. :-D

Unknown said...

I can't speak for the other two, but I'll help.

I know Thalinda tends to be pretty worried about her tanking abilities, and I think she's gone arms/fury post-60.

But, I'm not sure. If I see her on, I'll ask. You have any timelines in mind?

Clara said...

No real time lines in mind. Maybe next Saturday night? That seems to be the time that we play the night elves.

As far as Thalinda's tanking abilities go, she has always done a great job whenever I've run with her. And with a trap and Wendelina taking something on, it shouldn't be too hard. For example Teltanara ran ST yesterday with a 69 and 63 rogue as tanks. Their dodge and health were high enough to let her heal them effectively. So I'm pretty sure that a warrior would do even better. ;)

Unknown said...

I have no doubt Thal could do it. NONE. However, Thal will have doubts.

This weekend is busy for me (I'm spending some time playing board games at ConQuest), but we'll figure out a good time. I think my evenings are free.

draNgNon said...

we can do it some weeknight, just not Tuesday.

I think Zarly raids on Saturdays. not sure.

I've been in BRD in the past with an arms/fury warr tanking and it was fine. really in BRD, keep the aggro and let the healer do his/her thing.