Monday, August 29, 2011

Black Temple: Illidan

A week ago we killed Illidan, yet again. We may have gotten the Warglaive achievement for the guild but with Transmogrification coming people are searching for any old sets they are missing. And of course some people still need the Black Temple achieve and Ashtongue Deathsworn rep.

I wasn't happy with any of the screenshots that I took to try to capture the dialogue. About a quarter of the time when I take a pic some or all of the image isn't rendered. So I dug through my WoW screenshot folder and pulled up some images from January 19, 2010.


Illidan Stormrage yells: Akama. Your duplicity is hardly surprising. I should have slaughtered you and your malformed brethren long ago.
Akama yells: We've come to end your reign, Illidan. My people, and all of Outland shall be free!
Illidan Stormrage yells: Boldly said. But I remain... unconvinced.
Akama yells: The time has come! The moment is at hand!
Illidan Stormrage yells: You are not prepared!
Illidan Stormrage yells: Come, my minions. Deal with this traitor as he deserves!
Akama yells: I will deal with these mongrels! Strike now, friends! Strike at the Betrayer!


Illidan Stormrage yells: Stare into the eyes of the Betrayer!

Illidan Stormrage yells: Is this it, mortals? Is this all the fury you can muster?
Maiev Shadowsong yells: Their fury pales before mine, Illidan. We have some unsettled business between us.
Illidan Stormrage yells: Maiev... How is it even possible?
Maiev Shadowsong yells: My long hunt is finally over. Today, Justice will be done!


Maiev Shadowsong yells: It is finished. You are beaten.
Illidan Stormrage yells: You have won... Maiev. But the huntress... is nothing without the hunt. You... are nothing... without me.


Maiev Shadowsong yells: He's right. I feel nothing... I am... nothing.
Maiev Shadowsong yells: Farewell, champions.
Akama yells: The Light will bless these dismal halls once again.... I swear it.

***
Some thoughts:

First: Both of the Stormrage brothers have goofy wing things. Illidan has demon wings. Malfurion has those weird feathered arms.

Second: I always feel a bit bad for Illidan. He seems to have started out trying to do the right thing. Or at least trying to get the girl. But no matter what he did it just didn't work for him. Even him joining the Burning Legion, just got him beat up by Arthas.

Third: What is it with the kill stealing? Illidan and Arthas both have enemies (Maiev and Tirion, respectively) come in and disrupt things when they are at low health. Illidan has the raid locked in shadow prisons and then Maiev comes and busts us out and helps beat on him. Arthas actually manages to kill the raid before Tirion busts himself out of the iceblock, and we all get rezzed for pinata phase. I'm not sure whose kill is being stolen here, the bosses kills of us or the raids kills of them, either way: Kill Stealing is not ok! And it gives me some unhappy thoughts about Alexstraza or Kalecgos or Thrall being all kill steal-ish when we finally face off with Deathwing.

No comments: