Sunday, July 29, 2007

our first all-bosses-down heroic

Wow-wise, last night started out like any other Saturday night where we don't have other plans: we logged into Argent Dawn with Vhaas and Khyrie and started clearing quests. the end of the evening, however, was much different. now that we are out of NI and our playtime restrictions are lifted that means after Patrick was done with his evening activities on came Rahlenti to tank Kuan and Viljo through heroic Underbog!

we picked up Jataka, a guildless resto shaman who seemed pretty kickass, and Guli from <Advent Fury>; then, after taking a few wipes to sort ourselves out, went on to down all 4 bosses. Kuan got an epic gem and Viljo got a pretty sweet wand; and of course 4 badges.

my two impressions: first, maybe it's becuase my early-on Wow experiences with the pre-totally-nerfed end game instances, but it felt to me to be the expected instance difficulty for 5 level 70s. as in: not easy, but not special in its difficulty. anyone who ran the early end-game instances before the 5-man caps were imposed should know what I mean by that. second, I love playing with good players and watching a group hit its groove over the first 10-20 minutes of an instance.

anyhow, whee! Vhaas is 59, her scorpid Dorano is 56 and up for learning Claw 8, and Kuan has run a Heroic all the way to the end boss!

3 comments:

Patrick said...

Yes, I really enjoyed the run, as sleepy as I was. I think you're right about the difficulty level - once you're more or less all in level 70 blues, heroics are more like what the tougher level 60 instances were back in the day.

Based on that run, I'd say we can also run Slave Pens, Mechanar, or possibly Ramparts.

Clara said...

We did have an excellent Heroic Underbog run, however the best part was left out of the description. That would be the part during the fight against Swamplord Musel'ek where Kuanchichi got knocked behind a mushroom and couldn't get out. Fortunately Kuan could keep firing off lightning bolts and the odd heal. But I laughed so hard I cried at Kuan getting stuck behind that mushroom.

And I'm so glad you were able to stay awake Patrick. It was an awesome run, and you're a great tank. :-) And of course that sweet wand didn't hurt either.

As far as other heroics go, I'm trying, in my copious free time, to read up on wowwiki about the heroic instances. Do you, Patrick, have any interest in trying any of the Auchindoun instances? Maybe Auchenai Crypts? I know Kuan is hungering after the Lower City rep.

tanthalas said...

Grats on finishing the run! :)

You guys will probably cakewalk through SP since it's easier than Underbog. :P Ramps is also pretty easy as well, so you should definitely try that too.

Auchenai Crypts? Oh dear, I don't think I've ever set foot in that. O.o