Friday, April 22, 2011

My favorite dwarf

As a general rule I don't like dwarves. I much prefer horde characters to alliance, and if I am forced to play alliance I'm more likely to go for a human or night elf, or pretty much anything else before I roll a dwarf at this point.

But there is one dwarf that I like. Stormcaller Mylra is a dwarf shaman. She appears in Deepholm and then again in Twilight Highlands. In both zones she is a questgiver or interacts with you while you quest for the Earthen Ring.

Her quests and dialogue in Deepholm are what have endeared her to me. You have to work with her to figure out what is happening in Deepholm and try to solve it. I'm not going to say a lot more since I don't actually want to spoil things for anyone who hasn't done it already.

Here is some of her dialogue, with the spoiler-ish bits not included:


Mor'norokk yells: Wait! You can't do this! You people must have a code of honor or something!
Stormcaller Mylra says: I'm a daughter of the Wildhammer Clan, and a shaman of the Earthen Ring. My code compels me to honor my ancestors and the elements.


Stormcaller Mylra says: Doesn't say a damn thing about dog-ugly ogres.


Mor'norokk yells: Stop it, you tiny, angry woman! I'll tell you everything! What do you want to know?


~~~ Interlude where Mor'norokk spills his guts. ~~~



Stormcaller Mylra says: You were never in any danger, sweetheart. My friends down below would've caught you. You're worth too much to us alive!


Then it's a little wierd. Because Mor'norokk does actually die by propeller. I'm not sure if she dropped him, or if he intentionally fell. Based on his dialogue after this point I'm inclined to think that he suicided. Either way I'm not going to lose any sleep over a dog-ugly ogre.

No comments: